Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Shopping Cart Sumo Wrestling

Last night I had a dream that I kept challenging people to “rumble” with me. We would have to find isolated parts of a store and then we would take two shopping carts and use them as sumo wrestlers…it was fun, but you had to watch your hands.

In other news….yesterday I felt all out of sorts, well I have for the last week, and I think that I was just in an intellectual rut so to speak. The idea lately of working on anything remotely Turkish in my studies has repulsed me, and consequently I am a month behind in my homework. My teacher is cool, but I have to get out of this. So what I think it was was just overload on one subject. So we went to the U Bookstore to buy me a book. I was planning on getting only one book, but ended up getting 4. I finished one of them yesterday, it was about the possibility in physics and astronomy on the subject of time travel under the guise of relativity theory. I liked it a lot and I really needed to read about something that was completely unconnected to what I have been doing. Now I am reading a book on the history or phosphorous. So anyway, yesterday the bug comes into my office, sees the shopping bag, and says “oh, you went to the Bookstore? What did you get?” and then she proceeded to go through the bag! Am I crazy or is that brushing the side of being abnormally rude? And then to top it off, she criticized my choice in books! Her son is an astronomer and recently published a book called “Astronomy made easy”, that’s nice but considering that my first college course that I took when I was 15 years old was Astronomy, I don’t think that I need to have an introductory book, let alone pay for a high priced book that I am never going to read because it is below my level!

Today, dear Kate is taking the day off, I am taking tomorrow off (due to the fact that the water will off in the building and I am just too lazy to walk to another building to pee—although the bug would have a harder time trying to find me). And as predicted the bug has already called in late this morning. I think that at this point I have enough information to make an accurate scale of tardiness/absenteeism for the bug.

-Call for or from husband the night before: 2-3 hours late due to hangover
-Snow over 1 inch, 3-4 hours late to “dig herself out”, which includes 30 minutes of shoveling and an hour to have a hot toddy to “warm up”
-Kate being out of the office, migraine and slept in, might be in in a few hours or not at all, depends upon the severity of the hangover.

This is only a short list that I am sure that it will be expanded, however, if in the event that one of the following factors occurs on a day that she has a class, she somehow manages to come in on time for that. Strange isn’t it?

1 comment:

shopping cart said...

Its nice to read about you shared the shopping cart sumo wrestling you shared nice and interesting story about that.