Monday, May 16, 2005

Dammit!

I am getting sick and tired of dealing with all the bug's shit.
This morning she made a comment to Mr.3 about a problem she was having a student's grade not being posted...Mr.3 not me..I work there, and we are separate people, but she doesn't seem to see it that way. I interrupted their conversation and answered the question for her and she left off on her merry way.
E-grading is my job and last semester we went through this whole thing about it and we are going over it again. Later I sent her an email reminding her that if she had gotten any other questions about e-grading that they should be directed to me, as I am the department representative. It was a calm and professional email. Then she spouts off with this email that was super hostile claiming that she wasn't trying to take my job....but she was! and I have to keep having to remind her about it!!!! I sent her an email back telling her that I was not trying to solict such a hostile email and that I had sent her the email as a follow-up.

I ended talking to our AA twice today and now she wants an meeting to "mediate" between us. Ugh, I know that the bug and I are going to have to confront each other one of these days but I don't want to be forced into it. We are supposed to make notes so that we have something to talk about, where the hell do I start, it will be a fucking novel! So now I still feel super stressed, even though I would like to calm down.

I was really fairly well until I got the AA's email about wanting a meeting.
I met with the grad advisor for lingustics and he doesn't seem to think that it will be difficult at all to get me into the program. So I was in a better mood, now I just want to body slam the bug on her stupid pig-headed head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really hostile work environment there at the U of U. I would imagine it is hard to deal with such an age gap between employees, although the bug seems like an abberation of typical 60 somthing workers. Not much maturity for a person that age.