Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Weekend catchup and Wednesday Update

I have been out of it for the past few days, my psuedo tumor has come back with a vengeace and between the headaches and the dizziness I have been able to function at half of my normal human capacity.

This weekend (3 day holiday weekend in Utah-Pioneer Day) Mr.3 and I went down to my parent's house. We were having some friends from our days in Texas come to visit. It was nice to see them, but a little stressful as they were on a family trip so there were 4 adults and 7 kids. It was really nice to see my friend Sharon though, we share the same birthday,but are like 30 years apart in age. She has been a family friend since I was 5 or so, and I haven't seen her for 3 or 4 years.

Mr.3 and I returned home on Monday afternoon and later that evening we walked to the end of 7th east and were able to watch the Pioneer Day fireworks being set off at Liberty Park. It was nice but we didn't watch the whole thing as we were getting eaten alive by bugs.

Yesterday evening, we went for a walk...which we try to do everyday. We live only 2 blocks up from the governor's house (we're neighbors!) and we walk down there a lot to see his dogs...their bulldog just cracks me up ... so as we were walking down to the governor's, the governor and his wife were walking up the street towards our house. I thought that it was pretty cool that we got to see them as we were walking, and I made sure to wave and say "Hi" to them. the Governor's wife, however, was wearing the worst shade of pink lipstick that I had ever seen in my life! I think that it was an instance where she doesn't leave the house without fresh lipstick...and she should probably rethink that policy. The governor is, surprisingly, really that tan in real life as he looks like on TV.

Let's see, other things...I normally have dark circles under my eyes (it's genetic) but this weekend it looked like I had 2 black eyes they were so bad, so yesterday I did some research into undereye concealer and special eye moisturizers. I found what I needed, but the fact that the cream says "for mature skin" doesn't make me feel any better. I turn 26 on Saturday but apparently my skin is "mature"...it is a little depressing. I am taking this Friday off...my drivers licence expires and I need to get a new picture taken for it (and yes, part of the reasoning of wanting to get the circles gone), so I am going to take Friday off to do that. And get a car wash...the inside really needs to be cleaned and I am just too lazy to do it myself. And on Saturday we are going to go to a movie and dinner somewhere, but I haven't decided where yet. But I have some time to think on that.

and lastly....I have been at work for 3 and half hours now and have done nothing yet work related except answer the phone...I know, that's bad.

No comments: