Monday, August 01, 2005

My Birthday and a bit of office gossip

So Saturday was my birthday (the big 26) and it went really well. We went to see the new Willy Wonka movie and then out to dinner. It went way much better than Friday, which should have been a good day because it was a day off of work. But I couldn't get a new licsence because the DMV computers had broken down (moreover they had some fire in their offices and it wiped out the statewide system)...that was a waste of driving south...and then on Friday we had new blinds put in that our landlord bought which were so horrible that if they had been there when we first saw the place we wouldn't have moved in...and that made me cry.

ok, what I really want to talk about is some news about the bug. Mr.3 had his meeting with the powers that be here about her conduct 2 Fridays ago (revisit the Putz awards). After an hour long meeting, it was decided that Mr.3 should lodge a formal complaint and demand an inquiry into her actions. He did. And I have made it clear that I am not a part of this, but I think that I am as worried about retributions from the bug as Mr.3 is. The next few weeks should be difficult. But from what Mr.3 got out of the meeting was that they are beginning to think she is "overburdened" with her job duties. In the University system here there is no demotion...so I think that they are looking for ways to get her out...especially in light of the unspoken FLAS problem that people only allude to here but will not tell me all the details of. Then a little while ago a man from Finacial Aid called and wanted to know who the bug's "direct supervisor" was. No one has ever called the Center wanting to know that information before and by the look on Kate's face after she took the call, it wasn't good in the least. So there seems to be a lot of trouble heading the bug's way, and I am not sure that she is going to survive it. I know that I shouldn't meddle, but part of me wants to give her a heads up to let her know that trouble is coming her way, but on the other hand...she should know when she has messed up and if it is to the point that official inquiries are being made and heads of other departments are talking to her superiors about her conduct, she must know that something is up. So I think what I am going to do is just sit at my desk, pretend not to know what is going on, be silent, and continue to speculate on the blog whenever I get more news...that seems like a wise plan doesn't it?

1 comment:

hiwa said...

i know i am late, but i realy rarely surf these days, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ladayik bunt piroz!