Thursday, August 11, 2005

Fashion Bracelets

So on Tuesday I got really sick. My neck was hurting on the side, my ear was hurting, headache, dizziness, nausa, fever, incoherent: the whole fun gambit of being ill. So I went home early from work and tried to sleep it off as much as I could. Yesterday I managed to get a doctor's appointment. So I went in, talked about my ear (I was hoping that I had an inner ear infection) but we also talked about my concern that my pseudo tumor was coming back. So my doctor calls the neurologist on call at the University Hospital and lo and behold, I get sent to the ER to have a CT Scan done. Which with talks of scans and a possible spinal tap I am a wreck. The last time I had a tap done was enough for me. So after 4 hours and 2-3 doctors later it is determined that I didn't need the CT scan, definitely had no signs of an inner ear infection, and that I need to make an appointment with a neurologist as soon as possible. We got home close to 1 am last night. I however did manage to come home with not one but two hospital bracelets; one for being admitted the other to denote my latex allergy. I was wearing both this morning, but the allergy bracelet kept hurting my arm so I took it off. The admittance one is nice as it is a soft shade of pink. I am wearing it still partly as a badge that I was a good girl at the doctors (they don't give out lollipops--that sucks) and also because I am wondering if I can start a new fashion fad.

So what happens in the meantime? I just continue to have my dizzy spells until my neurology appointment in September. Fun, fun, fun.

Another fun thing is that the canyon road that is between me and my family was blown up yesterday. There is an explosive factory just at the base of the canyon and they were sending a truck with 35,000 pounds of explosives to Oklahoma. They didn't even get 20 miles up the canyon before they took a turn too fast, crashed, and exploded leaving a crater in the road 30 feet deep and 70 feet wide. Who knows when it will be fixed again. Monday is my Mom's and Mr.3's birthday and we were supposed to meet for dinner, but with the road out a 2 hour drive becomes a 4 hour drive. So who knows what will happen with that. Before the explosion Highway 6 was the 3rd most dangerous road in America, I wonder if this last accident makes it go higher up on the list?

1 comment:

Jason said...

Have you considered that maybe you have the plague? If your apendages start turning black, please stay away from me. In fact, you might even want to consider taking a sick day or two. Just a thought.