Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Ramadan guilt?

Yesterday was the official start of Ramadan and I still haven't started to fast yet. Normally I am completely psyched out for Ramadan and can't wait to start...and now, I just can't. It isn't a faith thing, it is just that my head is not in the right place for anything at the moment. I feel like I have a constant cold and little things are turning into major stressors to the point that my stomach hurts the majority of the time. You know you look bad when you boss looks at you and says that you look really tired and suggests that you go home...
So I am not fasting. I feel an odd sense of guilt, not that I am beholden to everyone about my religious committments but in the past I have always felt a huge sense of accomplishment after finishing the month.
Ugh.
I hope this all ends soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Selam,

as a non muslim I usually fast along with my muslim friends out of respect for them. This year I can not due to health issues. Perhaps you can volunteer at a food bank or another charity, as a way to giving to the poor and needy?

Gecmis olsun, Kendine iyi bak,

-pjb