Monday, March 06, 2006

The bug eating bugs and other fun stories...

My dispondent mood was calmed today by lots of bits of gossip about the bug. We held a lunch for the graduate students today to get them more involved in our discussion groups on campus...and of course in these situations the only way to gather students is to bribe them with food. Anyway, setting this up because an team-office undertaking. I would have had to do all of it but my ploy of "I only sit at the desk I don't know anything else" actually worked. I coordinated everyone's schedule, took RSVPs and let the professors know where they needed to go to reserve the room. Teri, Shari and Carolyn (who I keep calling Carrie today) researched into food and ordered everything last minute for the luncheon as no one had told them that they needed to be working on this. June sent out the invite email. So the lunch starts and Shari goes up to the lounge with the PO to make sure that the pizza gets paid for. The bug grabs the PO from her, tell Shari that this is HER show, and that she should leave. Shari left, but not before the bug had time to chew her out about filling out the PO wrong (which was filled out by Teri our AA). Shari came down and told us what had happened which lead to some interesting conversations, but our annoyance at the bug's behavior was quite tangible. About 40 minutes into the presentation I went up to help "clean up"---otherwise known as morbid curiousity and hunger pains. The meeting wasn't quite over when I got up there so I just stood next to "I". Shari's name was mentioned several times, and it really should have been an event that she should have been present for. "I" asked me why she wasn't there. I told him that Shari was told by the bug that she shouldn't be there. He thought for a second and then (rather loudly) went "What!? She did what!?" I think that "I" was in a bit of shock...and he had the giggles as well every time he looked at her. So we have that today....

Then she basically got caught in a lie with Teri our AA. This morning the bug told Teri that she had given the letters for graduate school acceptance to our graduate faculty advisor on Friday to sign. However, I heard her tell the graduate faculty advisor that she just now has the first batch of letters ready for him to sign. Teri was not happy when she found out about that, and she has it now as a mission to "re-educate" the bug in her job. The bug has been in the position for a year, and everyone under the sun has given her a lot of leeway because of it....who knows why....I didn't get any and either has Teri...so that has got to stop. And the fact that she has so many student complaints that "I" and PVS refuse to deal with her on. Mr.3 is thinking about writing a letter about the letter situation to the Assistant Dean on Undergraduate Affairs, something that I support. The part of me that works here and loves the people I work with feels a little bad, but the part of me that is the student who got screwed over by the department wants hell to be raised.

Interesting story from the bug today....besides the fact she saw the movie a beautiful mind and saw a lot of parallels between the main character and her whelp of a husband....she told me that this weekend she had taken a handful of almonds to eat with her beer the other night. After eating them for a while she happened to look down at them and discovered that the almonds where riddled with bugs. Either this was an illusion of her alcohol-ravaged mind or something that really happened...I find it damn funny that the bug made herself sick this weekend eating bugs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds to me and for your own mental health stop stirring in the workplace and get on with your own job at hand! Keep it up and it will all back fire and you will end up with plenty of time on your hands! Drinking beer and eating nuts infested with bugs like... yourself! "POSITIVE THINKING" can do wonders for a nasty girl like you.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous should die.

Anyway, Debbie, I feel pretty crappy right now.